Our spreadsheet systems also allows you to import any type of tag into your account. For example, let's say it is very important for you to import the following data:
- Tempo information in beats per minute
- The year of release of your albums
This is something that is very easy to do in Reprtoir and here is how it's done:
- First, you must create your tag categories inside of your account. We explain how to create tag categories in our article Tagging and filtering in Reprtoir. In our example above, we mentioned the importance of importing tempo and year of release information, so those are the categories we would create.
- Then you can go ahead and either create your spreadsheet or load it up if it is in draft mode from inside your Spreadsheets’ list.
- Once inside your spreadsheet, click on "Add a tag category column"
- First, choose one of the 2 tag categories from our example: “Tempo (bpm)" or "Year of release"
- A new field on the right will appear with two options "Tracks" or "Albums". Choose "Tracks" if the tags you intend on importing only concern the tracks themselves. For instance, tempo information is usually only assignable on the track level because songs within an album will have different tempos. On the other hand, choose "Albums" if the tags you intend to import are only relevant on the album level. For example "Year of release" usually applies to albums rather than the tracks inside those albums. But you can choose to assign tags to the elements you want. We just give you the possibility of organizing your tags on the track or album levels.
You can create any tag categories and any tags you like and import them in your account with this method.
Here is a video showing you how it’s done: